It’s time to get focused, learn from 2023, and move forward with a clear digital marketing strategy for your business. Here are 27 digital marketing strategy questions to help you build the right traction in the right direction for 2024.
New seasons are exciting, especially if you’re an entrepreneur. Every year is a new start! How are you going to use this new start to build momentum for your business in 2024? These strategic marketing questions will give you some closure on the previous year and clarity on where to go from here.
Digital Marketing Strategy Questions to Guide Your 2024 Action Plan
When hardship hits your business (or your life), you’ve got to look at the big picture and focus on what really matters. You can’t waste time or money on marketing efforts that don’t actually drive your bottom line.
Thankfully, seeing the big picture doesn’t have to be difficult.
Download your FREE Marketing Review Guide below and find the best ways to grow your business in 2024!
How to Review Your Previous Year
It’s important to spend some time jotting down notes to close out the year.
Your business probably hit some high points this past year—celebrate those! Other marketing efforts likely fell flat. Those are great learning points. After all, no business hits a home run every time. The important thing is to learn from mistakes, keep your eye on the ball, and keep swinging (with better technique).
Look at the actions you took.
- Where did you start? What was your business situation 12 months ago?
- What goals did you set?
- What steps did you execute?
- What types of marketing platforms did you invest in during 2023 (time and money)? What were the results?
- What expectations did you set for clients on your website and other messages?
- How did you show your authority to solve their problem? Why would someone new feel comfortable about trusting you?
Look at the business results.
- What were the biggest wins?
- What were the biggest learning points?
- What outside force affected your results?
Look at what you learned.
- What seasons or business areas were you most passionate about and engaged with?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
Look at the data.
- Where did your best clients come from? (marketing platform, geography, word of mouth, etc.)
- What is your most glaring marketing hurdle (problem) right now? (Finding new leads, converting new leads into paying clients, or retaining clients long-term)
- Are your clients experiencing friction anywhere in your sales or service process?
Look at feedback from your clients.
- Who are your best customers right now?
- Where do they spend their time?
- How do they usually find you?
- What do they love about your service? What were their initial expectations?
- How do they describe their problem (and your service) in their own words?
- What are the biggest hurdles or questions they have before choosing you?
- How are they currently spreading the word about your service? How and where?
Plan Your Digital Marketing Goals For 2024
Do you ever find yourself turning the page on the new year, not knowing which direction to go?
If you’re like me, you start out with too many ideas and need to trim them down to the top 2-3. Or, you might be stuck and overwhelmed by all the great suggestions by marketing gurus out there.
List your goal ideas and rank them.
Remember all those crazy 2024 business goals you have bouncing around in your head? Now’s the time to get them on paper. Look back over your answers to the above questions and write your 2024 goals down in a list. Then, give each a score in these three areas (1-10):
- How difficult will it be to complete?
- How much time will it require?
- How much value will it provide you and your business?
Focus On Those Goals & Create Momentum Every Day
What changes do you need to make for this year?
Here are some decisions you need to make right now. Answer these and start cutting out the things that don’t matter.
- Where/how will you invest your marketing time and dollars?
- What are the marketing steps you need to keep doing?
- How will you periodically test and improve those areas?
- What do you need to stop doing?
- What should you delegate to others on your team?
It will be tough to let some things go, but don’t hold on too tightly. Stay brutally focused on the quarterly rocks you picked. Then review and adjust at end of each quarter to choose the new ones.
If it isn’t a clear yes, then it’s a clear no.Greg McKeown
What initial steps can you take to build momentum right now?
At the end of the day, the goal of these marketing strategy questions is to help your business gain some marketing traction and kick-off 2024 strong. Start by giving yourself a clear target at the end. This will ensure you have the stamina and clarity to keep going after the energy of the new year wears off.
Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.Doug Firebaugh
Start small and create habits that can grow over time and create momentum for your business. Write down one step you can take this week to move toward one of your January goals.