Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters is the Christian high-adventure camp that we have served at since 2009. Since 2012, we have worked with our directors to establish and execute multiple marketing strategies, website re-designs, email and social campaigns, and print advertising. We believe in organizations making a long-term impact in the world—that’s what led us to Ragon Creative in the first place.
- Mission & vision
- Marketing strategy
- Website management
- Social media strategy
- Email & content strategy
- Content production
Everything at Snowbird (SWO) is always a team effort from all departments—that’s what helps us succeed in the mission. Our challenge has been to communicate the mission and vision of SWO to current and potential church partners, and donors. Brittany and I have committed our lives to serving at Snowbird and we are honored to work with a fantastic crew of highly-capable, Christ-focused, and eternally-minded friends.
- Mission statement – While the mission and vision of SWO rang loud and clear, we didn’t have a concise mission statement to communicate it to our staff and partner churches. This are needed to be improved.
- Marketing strategy – Promoting the image and story of SWO happens across countless marketing platforms and through numerous media types. So, the first thing we did was audit the effectiveness of everywhere our marketing dollars were going and made some hard calls to cut a few things off. This enabled us to focus our efforts and resources on the most essential areas that provided the highest value toward long-term relationships with churches.
- Website & app – Snowbird’s website needed to be at the center of our marketing efforts, but we had some work to do in this area. There just wasn’t a cohesive connection between our social media, print materials, and video content. Good things were happening but we set to work finding ways to help combine their efforts.
- Written content – The strength of SWO’s brand is found in telling the amazing story of the life-changing work Jesus Christ has done in student’s, churches, and staff. Producing high-quality written content would be vital in communicating the mission and vision of SWO to churches.
- Visual design – Our visual identity needed some fresh flexibility. We were handed an exceptional logo and brand image from previous staffers at SWO, but we need to create some logo elements that brought new life into our already strong brand.
- Marketing strategy – Snowbird exists to support and equip the local church, so that’s what we do in the marketing department — we provide high-quality content that encourages and equips up the local church to make disciples.
- Website & app – After a couple of years making small updates to the website, we knew that we were behind the curve of where website design and development had progressed to. We had a beautiful site, but it just wasn’t producing the user experience (UX) and results that we were looking for. We contacted Michael Schafer at Openbox9 for some help, and together his team dived into a 3-month website redesign. Through their design leadership and our management from the Snowbird side, we ended up with a WordPress site that provided easy-to-access resources, vibrant media content, and effectively told the story of SWO. I’m forever grateful for their efforts and professional commitment to producing exceptional websites for organizations.
- Written content – Brittany’s keen eye for promotional writing has enabled SWO’s promotional materials to take a big set forward in quality and accuracy. Every page on the website was re-written with a focus on clarity and communicating with the SWO audience. We created new content to cover key stories such as a Mission & Vision outline, History of SWO, etc.
- Visual design – Brittany developed what we affectionately call “the Flying b” — a stand-alone icon to that has provided a new level of growth to our graphic identity. We also created a brand color palette to further solidify the visual identity of SWO.
- Content production – Outside of the relational investment that happens through the SWO staff, the biblical teaching from our directors is Snowbird’s greatest asset. We’ve highlighted that as much as possible, through creating simple processes to produce more teaching podcasts, ebooks, blogs, videos, and emails. Our teachers produce mountains of content valuable to our audience, so we’ve made it our mission to get it out to the masses (free of charge).
- WordPress – website platform
- Subsplash – app platform
- MailChimp – email platform
- CoSchedule – social media & blog calendar tool
- Hootsuite – social media listening tool
- Dropbox Paper – project planning
- Google Analytics – website data analysis
- Cyfe – real-time marketing reports
- Grammarly – proofreading tool
- Hemingway – writing tool